Donations

People say we're "invaluable", "indispensable" and "an essential service" — please consider making a donation.

Wednesday, 24 August 2011

France urged to protest Qatar's World Cup over homophobia, HIV/Aids discrimination

Via: Yagg

Openly gay and HIV+ prominent French politican and writer Jean-Luc Romero has called on the French government, France's Football Federation and world football body FIFA to seek "a specific intervention" with 2022 World Cup hosts Qatar "so that this country decriminalise homosexuality and put an end to discrimination suffered by people living with AIDS."

"The problem," said Romero, "is that this country has been designated to host the football World Cup in 2022. In practice, this means that any homosexual could be stopped! While sport and football is supposed to convey the values ​​of tolerance, the choice of such a country to host a major sporting event is serious," he said.

In Qatar, homosexuality is punishable by five years in prison and 90 lashes, according to Romero. He pointed out that the purchase of one of France's leading football clubs, Paris Saint-Germain (PSG), in July by a Qatari investment group had raised considerable disquiet over a possible threat to its existing "excellent" partnership with a gay football supporters association. The club had signed a partnership with the association to fight against homophobia and discrimination in football in 2008.

"The leaders of international football does not seem to care," says Romero. Yagg notes that FIFA leader Sepp Blatter when asked about the issue of the criminalisation of homosexuality in Qatar has said:
"I think they [gays] should refrain from sexual activity. "
Romero notes that because of visa restrictions Qatar is "forbidden territory for people with HIV. To 33 million people living with AIDS in 2011!"

He argues that "values" football "should override financial interests."
"If [French Sports Minister] Chantal Jouanno and Sepp Blatter do not intervene, they will validate the fact that economic development is paramount, that discrimination is acceptable when the financial stakes are high and therefore the World Cup is not really a feast for all! In their own way - that of those who want to keep their hands clean - they justify homophobic hatred and violence."
Update, 25 September: French club Paris Saint-Germain has renewed its partnership with the LGBT football association Paris Foot Gay (PFG).
Enhanced by Zemanta

4 comments:

  1. MY NAME IS MARIAM BAURICE FROM SOUTH AFRICA...I SAW THIS COMMENT ON POSITIVE BLOGS AND I WILL LOVE TO TELL EVERY BODY HOW MY STATUS CHANGES TO NEGATIVE, AND AM NOW A LIVING WITNESS OF IT AND I THINK ITS A SHAME ON ME IF I DON'T SHARE THIS LOVELY STORY WITH OTHER PEOPLE INFeCTED WITH THIS DEADLY VIRUS...,HIV HAS BEEN ONGOING IN MY FAMILY... I LOST BOTH PARENTS TO HIV,. AND IT IS SO MUCH PAIN IVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO GET OVER.. AS WE ALL KNOW MEDICALLY THERE IS NO SOLUTION TO IT..AND MEDICATION IS VERY EXPENSIVE..SO SOMEONE INTRODUCED ME TO A NATIVE MEDICAL PRACTITIONER IN AFRICA..I HAD A JOB THERE TO EXECUTE SO I TOOK TIME TO CHECK OUT ON HIM.I SHOWED HIM ALL MY TESTS AND RESULTS.. I WAS ALREADY DIAGNOSED WITH HIV AND IT WAS ALREADY TAKING ITS TOWL ON ME.. I HAD SPENT THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS SO I DECIDED TO TRY HIM OUT...I WAS ON HIS DOSAGE FOR 3 WEEKS. ALTHOUGH I DIDNT BELIEVE IN IT, I WAS JUST TRYING IT OUT OF FRUSTRATION... AND AFTER 2 WEEKS, I WENT FOR NEW TESTS... AND YOU WONT BELIEVE THAT 5 DIFFERENT DOCTORS CONFIRMED IT THAT AM NEGATIVE..IT WAS LIKE A DREAM,,I NEVER BELIEVE AIDS HAS CURE..AM NOW NEGATIVE,,AM A LIVING WITNESS..I DONT KNOW HOW TO THANK THIS MAN... I JUST WANT TO HELP OTHERS IN ANY WAY I CAN..HAVE JOINED MANY FORUMS AND HAVE POSTED THIS TESTIMONIES AND ALOT OF PEOPLE HAS MAIL AND CALLED THIS MAN ON PHONE AND AFTER 2 MONTHS THEY ALL CONFIRMED NEGATIVE..BBC NEWS TOOK IT LIVE AND EVERY.. HOPE HE HELPS YOU OUT.. EVERYBODY SAW IT AND ITS NOW OUT IN PAPERS AND MAGAZINES THAT THERE'S NATIVE CURE FOR HIV AND ALL WITH THE HELP OF THIS MAN,,HAVE TRIED MY OWN PARTS AND ALL LEFT WITH YOU,,IF YOU LIKE TAKE IT OR NOT..GOD KNOWS HAVE TRIED MY BEST.ABOUT 97 PEOPLE HAVE BEEN CONFIRMED NEGATIVE THROUGH ME..AND THEY SEND MAILS TO THANKS ME AFTER THEY HAVE BEEN CONFIRMED NEGATIVE,,THIS MAN IS REAL..DON'T MISS THIS CHANCE,,HIV IS A DEADLY VIRUS,,GET RID OF IT NOW..

    case there is anyone who has similar problem and still

    looking for a way out, and he those cast all kind of spell like ::

    Love Spells

    Luck, Money Spells

    Health, Well Being

    Protection, Healing

    Curses, Hex, Breakups

    NEW! Combo Spells

    High Priestess Spells

    Vampire Spells

    Authentic Voodoo Spells

    Custom, Other Spells

    Business spells

    Health/Healing spells

    Curse removal

    Job spells

    Healing from all kind of diseases

    Love binding

    Barrenness(need a child)

    Need love

    Lottery Spells

    Promotions

    Success

    Money rituals

    winning court case

    Divorce spells

    Low sperm count

    Infertility in women

    Breast enlargement/reduction

    Penis enlargement/reduction

    YOU CAN CONTACT HIM HERE AS (spirituallighthealing101@live.com or (518) 303-6207) if you need any question contact me via here as mariambaurice@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Name is wellitymorgan from USA, and am really grateful and thankful for what Dr ezomo has done for me and my family. i Was having HIV/ AIDS for good three years with no solution, the diseases almost took my life and cause i was unable to work and i was also loosing lots of money for medication, but one faithful day when i went online, i met lots of testimonies about this great man so i decided to give it a try and to God be the glory he did it. he cured me of my diseases and am so happy and so pleased to Write about him today. if you need his help of you also want to get cured just the way i got mine, just email
    drezomospellhome@gmail.com and get your healing

    ReplyDelete
  3. How can I explain this to the world that.
    there is a man who can cure HIV/aids I.
    was HIV over since 7year I have being.
    into HIV drug I can’t anymore I decide.
    to look for help then I found this.
    woman post write about this great man.
    DR.ezomo telling people about him that.
    this man have cured to HIV I don’t.
    believe that because all I have in mind.
    is HIV had no cure, thank god for my.
    life today am HIV negative through the.
    power of DR.ezomo I contacted this.
    man for help because who write about.
    him drop an email of the man I pick the.
    email and emailed him for the cure this.
    man told me what to do about the cure.
    well am from uk this man cast a curing.
    spell on me and he told me that he will.
    call me after the cure is done truly he.
    did I was cured for 45mins spell what a.
    wonderful man this DR.ezomo if you.
    need his cured just email him now at.
    drezomospellhome@gmail.com or
    contact me at.
    perezsandra491@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been suffering from (HIV/AIDS) disease for the last four years and had constant pain, especially in my knees. During the first year,I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.This disease has been trying to circulate all over my body and i have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information concerning the prevention of this disease, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from (Cancer) by this Man Dr idahosa and many other`s. well she gave the email address of this man and advise we should contact him for any sickness that he would be of help, so i wrote to Dr idahosa telling him about my (HIV Virus) he told me not to worry that i was going to be cured!! hmm i never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later i started experiencing changes all over me, and suddenly after some time i was finally healed, friends i will advise if you have any sickness at all you can email Dr idahosa on : (dridahosasolutioncenter@gmail.com) or call him on +2348134261542 sir i am indeed grateful for the help i will forever recommend you to my friends!!! .....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails