The UK Lesbian and Gay Immigration Group (UKLGIG) are providing training for people in the voluntary or private sector news who work with and support lesbian and gay asylum seekers.
Key topics include:
- What is sexuality?
- Issues faced by lesbian and gay asylum seekers in their home countries
- An overview of the asylum process
- Why are lesbian and gay asylum seekers refused asylum in the UK?
- What are the specific issues faced by lesbian and gay asylum seekers?
- The role of community groups in supporting lesbian and gay asylumseekers
Voluntary/Community - £49
Private - £99
A booking form is available on UKLGIG website or email admin at uklgig.org.uk