It includes a very impassioned contribution by London Conservative MEP John Bowis.
The debate speakers on Mehdi were:
- Jean Lambert (UK Greens),
- Marco Cappato (Italian Lista Emma Bonino)
- Eva-Britt Svensson (Swedish Green Left)
- Raül Romeva i Rueda (Spanish Green)
- Sophia in 't Veld (Netherlands Democrats 66.)
- Bernd Posselt (German CDU), speaking for the Group of the European People's Party (Christian Democrats) and European Democrats - they initially opposed and then abstained.
- John Bowis (UK Conservative)
- Mauro Mario (Italian from Forza Italia), he dissents from the Group of the European People's Party (Christian Democrats) and European Democrats line.
- and Eu Commissioner Louis Michel, who expresses strong agreement with Bowis.